Sepak takraw : Penalty
Fouls and misconduct are penalized as follows :
1. Cautionable Offences
A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following six offences :
1.1 Is guilty of unsporting behavior by the display of such action that can be reasonably regarded as either a mitigated or unmitigated violation of the norms of sporting ethics, which can be considered as having or will have a detrimental effect on the proper conduct of the match as a whole.
1.2 Shows dissent by word or action
1.3 Persistently infringes the Laws of the Game
1.4 Delays the restart of play
1.5 Enters or re-enters the court without the Referee's permission
1.6 Deliberately leaves the court without the Referee's permission.
2. Sending-off Offences
A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following five offences :
2.1 Is guilty of serious foul play
2.2 Is guilty of violent conduct, including an act executed with deliberate intent to cause injury to his/her opponent
2.3 Spits at an opponent or any other person
2.4 Using offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
2.5 Receives a second caution (Yellow Card) in the same match.
3. A player who commits a cautionable offence either on or off the court, whether directed towards opponent, team-mate, the referee, an Assistant Referee or any other person, for which a yellow card is awarded for each the offence committed is disciplined as follows
Offence : First Yellow Card
Penalty : Normal Caution
Offence : Second Yellow Card received by the same player in different matches, but in the same tournament.
Penalty : One Match Suspension
Offence : Third Yellow Card received after suspension for the first two Yellow Cards in the tournament by the same player.
- Two (2) Matches Suspension
- A Fine of US$100 (One Hundred Dollars is to be paid by the club or any other body the player represent in the match
Offence : Fourth Yellow Card
Yellow card received after two match's suspension for the earlier Third Yellow Card in the same tournament by the same player.
- Immediate suspension from playing in the next or subsequent matches in any tournament sanctioned by relevant Sepaktakraw controlling authority until a Disciplinary
- Committee is convened and a have been reached on the matter.
Offence: Two Yellow Cards received by the same player within the same match.
- Two (2) Matches Suspension
- A Fine of US$100 (One Hundred Dollars is to be paid by the club or any other body the player represent in the match.
- A Red Card will be given for a third disciplinary offence committed in any other matches in the tournament.
4. A player who commits a sending-off offence either on or off the court, whether directed towards opponent, team-mate, the Referee, an Assistant Referee or any other person, for which a red card is awarded, for each of the offence committed is disciplined according to the nature of the offence committed is disciplined as follows :
Offence : Red Card
Penalty : Send-Off from the game and immediate suspension from playing in any tournament sanctioned by the relevant controlling authority for Sepaktakraw until a Disciplinary Committee is convened and a decision has been reached on the matter.
Reference : Department of Physical Education, Ministry of Tourism & Sports
Learn more : Sepak takraw